Lots of people ask me, “What is the Austin real estate market doing?” “Where is the market headed?” “Should I buy now or wait?” “Are we in a bubble and could prices drop?” “Is real estate a good investment?”
There are many personal reasons for people to buy a home or condo now:
- Relocation to Austin and need a home for the family
- Family has outgrown the apartment or lease
- Just plain tired of living in an apartment
- Tired of paying someone else’s mortgage on the lease
- Kids are gone and want to downsize
- Would like a more urban lifestyle
- Want a more secure investment than the stock market
- _______________________ (fill in the blank)
Real estate is like the weather… it’s local. It may be 10 below in New York but it’s 70 in Austin, so you dress for and enjoy Austin weather. Within the Austin market, there are area and neighborhood markets. Some parts of the Austin are very active and truly a seller’s market and others less so.
Overall, the Austin market is healthy and the envy of most cities. The reasons for Austin’s market health are:
- Job growth
- Overall population growth (people just like to live here)
- Relatively lower housing costs compared to other areas of the country
Here are a couple of links on Austin and Austin is doing well. If the personal reasons for you are right to buy a home or condo, the Austin market is well situated for the future!
I have the knowledge about the local market and can help to make sure that you find the right home. I’d be very happy to share with you more information about the market and what is or isn’t happening in your area. Just call or email me.
Austin Rocks! (Austin specific video)
TexAPlex (Overall why Texas is going gangbusters)